Selene Finance in Houston TX

We have experienced terrible customer service from Selene Finance.

Our loan was transferred from Flagstar Bank to Selene Finance in January 2013. Selene has all of the information to pay homeowners insurance, flood insurance, and property taxes. So far, they missed the flood insurance premium. I paid it myself even though the escrow account has plenty of money. Then the homeowner's insurance premium came due on March 8, 2013. Selene has made no effort to pay it. I called them & they told me that they would send out a check. Our homeowners insurance was in process of being cancelled and would have been if I had not called & made a partial "by phone" credit card payment. Selene has been sent two copies of the Declarations Page by the insurance company for homeowners insurance and today they asked for an immediate fax to provide a 3rd copy. Selene agreed to pay the full premium due but now I have the hassle of applying for a refund of the partial payment for insurance.

I would like to elevate my complaint but have not found an address for someone with authority to do anything about poor customer service by Selene Finance.

Had an Experience with Selene Finance?

Comments

For Mortgage Lender Complaints or Runaround From Mortgage Servicer, contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint. Also check out https://www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov/.

GOOD LUCK! GO GET 'EM!

Valley Stream, New York, United States #700384

I made a complaint to the NYS Banking Dept. about them and that seemed to help my situation.

Our post, may not address each complaint directly, but we are trying to spread the word on this horrifying company & hopefully, someone will pay close enough attention & karma will come knocking at Selene Finance's doors.

SELENE FINANCE should be thoroughly investigated on every level possible & every one of the loans it holds, it's banking practices & beyond, audited to the fullest at the highest level possible!

To mortgager's that have become victims of SELENE FINANCE (or your loan was sold to them - if sold to them, you are now a victim of their horrifying practices) ---- hopefully you will find the below information helpful, if not all, maybe some helpful. Selene Finance is, and if not yet, will be the worst company you will deal with!

Make a long story short - they thrive on you NOT paying your mortgage! Yes, the make money off of fee's. They have a set of fee's that they have made up themselves. You don't pay, you'll see what's called "Corporate Advance Fee's" & these fee's can be anything they wish them to be. They also buy up troubling mortgage loans pennies to the dollar! You would be floored to learn what they actually paid to obtained your loan - it's sickening (this information provided with proof via documentation from an inside source of the company) They make the most money on the fee's they apply to your loan. IF you pay your mortgage & they are not able to continue to add their fee's (and they come up with some doosy's, that's for...

But ----- First, to try & avoid the woe with Selene Finance's *** poor customer service, their fee's, their harrassment if they don't see your payment in by the 1st (you do have a legal 15 day grace period but they ignore that) they will call you, they will call your family members, they will even call your work... they are the epitome of harassment when it comes to the word! Selene Finance loves to add up the fee's on your mortgage too & make sure you document each & every time you may imposed each fee! Simply put though, if at all costs, try your best to just move up your due date (a mental/physical note, really) on your mortgage payment to allow for room for emergencies & such. If you're not late, they will get rid of you & be glad they do!

Secondly, as for those that have contacted the BBB, Selene is not BBB accredited so you are wasting your time & nothing is being done really to get the proper attention on this company that needs to be. Do better than the BBB (Selene Finance LP isn't a BBB accredited company anyway) - Contact your local Attorney's General Office, the Federal Trade Commission, your local government officials, Selene Finance's local government officials (Houston Texas - Selene Finance's main office) & contact the Attorney Generals office where Selene Finance is located (Houston Texas).

Thirdly, it never hurts to speak with an attorney if it ever gets to that point. Educate yourselves as thoroughly as possible. Selene Finance, is a strange run company & they will take advantage of those that lack appropriate knowledge with regards to their mortgages. By all the statements & complaints all over the place, this company should not be able to remain. Their customer service is awful & they will hound you horribly if you do not pay your mortgage on time. They will apply fee's to your mortgage, as mentioned before... lots of them, at their own discretion! Keep very close track of those fee's too!

Bottom line, don't give them a reason to make life miserable on you. By bumping up your mortgage due date, mentally & physically, you will save yourselves a lot of heart ache. Plus, once they see you appear to pay on time & regularly, you are of no good to them & they'll sell your loan because they are not interested responsibly payers.

And GAWD for bid... stay away from them Forbearance program! Do NOT fall for their tricks! Sell your home before you let them talk you into their Forbearance ***! Just research, you'll learn very quickly how many people have been taken for a ride with Selene's forbearance programs.

If you do not pay your mortgage with Selene, they will send out a privately hired vendor (inspector/spy) to inspect your property. Know your rights!!!!! These thugs will try to tell you they need to access the interior of your home along with walk around & inspect the property. You do NOT have to let them in your home, nor allow them on your property. In fact, you can, by law, ask them to leave your property & never return on the premisses. Talk to your local county police department as laws may vary slightly state to state. But... even though, after asked to leave, they will sit on the roadway, take photos of your property & even go as far as to sitting down the road to see if there is activity at the residence (they will also attempt to sneak around on your property which is illegal). Basically - Selene Finance actually hopes you vacate your property because they can then take ownership of it, change the locks & claim it was abandoned. What ever you do, do not give them this opportunity. Rent your place out if you can not afford it! Do not just leave it unoccupied!

Lastly.. pay your mortgage. If you just are not able to afford it, time to consider selling is truly in your best interest. Hardships are awful & some just can't find a way out of them. There are options, but the willingness to exercise those options will make or break your future as a home owner.

BEST OF LUCK to all that are with Selene Finance. We are no longer with them, THANK GAWD!!! We refinanced with another company & we're sorry we didn't do so a long time ago! If you are able, refinance & get away from Selene Finance.

This company, SELENE FINANCE, deserves the highest level of an investigation into every single one of the mortgages they hold & have sold to other companies! They are committing fraud & it's just a matter of time! Hang in there in there folks :) There is light at the end of the Selene Finance torrential tunnel!

Dallas, Texas, United States #647491

I see all these complaints but no ones is doing anything about it they are not registered with the BBB go to their websit and file a complaints on them we all need to do that ther getting away with so much this is a small company base in Houston tx they always reuse to communicate and they don't log the information you give them you always talk to dirffrent people all the time no one knows what the *** going on REPORT THeM TO ThE BBB

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States #637275

These people did not pay my home owners insurance either, though I pay escrow to them.